Making a claim
We never forget we are dealing with people, not claims.
We pride ourselves on our personal approach to managing claims. We are very aware that we are dealing with vulnerable people. We’re proud of our consistently high claims payment track record - an average of 94% over the last 17 years. We’re even more proud that we could support people with health and wellness support, when they needed it most.
Step one - Making a claims enquiry
Your client will first need to complete a claims enquiry form on our member website here. Due to an increase in claims and enquiries, we are currently experiencing a higher volume than usual. For any urgent enquiries, please contact us on 0800 975 6565 or e-mailing email@example.com and we will aim to get back to your client as soon as we can.
To help us give the best support possible, your client will have to provide the following information in the ‘Comments’ section.
- Their British Friendly policy number
- Details of their illness or injury
- Date of first absence from work due to their illness or injury and how long they’ve been off work
- How long they expect to be off work (if known)
- Preferred time of day for us to contact them – morning or afternoon
If you’re contacting us on behalf of a member, please explain your relationship and provide your contact details.
Step two - Completing a claim form
We’ll contact your client and then send them a claim form to complete and return to us. We will need them to include the following:
- A medical certificate that their Doctor has signed
- Proof of their income in the 12 months before they became too ill or injured to work
- For a Fracture Cover claim we will only need medical evidence that confirms full details of the fracture. This should come from their Doctor or the hospital who diagnosed it. We don’t need proof of income for a Fracture Cover claim.
Step three - Assessing the claim
We will assess the evidence and confirm whether we will be able to accept your client’s claim.
We may need extra medical evidence to support the claim. This might come from a number of different sources, including:
- Their doctor or treating specialist
- Their employer
- A nurse telephone assessment
- Independent medical examination arranged by us or from other third parties.
If your client has any medical documents, they can send to us we will be happy to use these to support the claim.
Step four - The claims decision
- If we accept your client’s claim, we will pay their weekly or monthly benefit payment into their bank account
- We will do this until they recover, or their benefit period ends